If you're having trouble with the RateIt App that is running but is not responding when tapping on a smiley, even after giving it a reboot, then you're on the right page.
This usually happens when the Touch Functionality of the device is disabled on Guided Access menu. To fix this, simply follow the steps below and you should be fine:
1. Triple click the Home button and enter your Guided Access Code provided in the email.
2. You should be prompted to the de-activated screen as shown below:
3. Find "Touch" on the menu found at the bottom and make sure it is TURNED ON (Green).
4. Once done, tap "Resume" on the upper right corner of the Guided Access Menu.
5. Tap a smiley on the screen to check if the issue is fixed.