RateIt Device Troubleshooting Steps
1. Is your device switched on?
Check that your device is on with smiley faces visible at the start and end of every shift.
2. Is your device powered up?
Check the cable is plugged into the device correctly and it is plugged into the powerpoint at all times.
As the screens remain on all day and night, the devices run out of power fast!
1. If the screen is off please perform basic troubleshooting procedures:
- Press the home button down to ensure the tablet is not simply asleep.
- Check that the charger is plugged into the wall and switched on.
- Check that the cable is secure in the device.
- Hold down on/off button for approx 2 seconds until the screen turns on. If the device has been without power, it can take 15minutes to receive enough power to switch on.
- Scroll through the pages and apps until you find the RateIt app and select it.
- Please allow 10 seconds for the app to start back up.
- Resume as per normal.
2. If you find that your device is still not working, please perform a hard reset of the device – this will allow all systems to reboot.
- For iOS devices, simply hold down the power button and the home button together for approximately 7 seconds or until you see the screen starts up.
- For Android devices, simply hold down the power button and then tap “Restart” on the popup. The system will reboot back to the RateIt app.
If you need further assistance please contact RateIt support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org