Configuring your iOS Device for the RateIt app (Standard Re-installation)
Step 1: Delete the existing RateIt app from your device.
- If the RateIt app is currently running, press the Home button once to check if you're able to exit to the home screen. If it brings you to the Home screen, proceed to Step 1.5. Otherwise, proceed to Step 1.2
- Triple-click the home button REALLY quickly and then enter the Guided Access code given in the email. If your Guided Access code works, continue to Step 1.3, otherwise, leave your device on and UNPLUGGED until it completely runs out of power. Once battery drains, plug the device back in, turn it on, and then go to step 1.4
- Tap end along the top left-hand corner
- Press the Home button once to go to the main menu
- ‘Tap and Hold’ on the RateIt app icon without lifting your finger from the screen until the icons are shaking
- Tap the ‘X’ icon on the RateIt app to delete
Step 2: Login to your Apple ID
Note: If you do not have an Apple ID, please create one as you need this to install the new RateIt app. Click here for a quick guide on how to create an Apple ID.
- Open the iTunes Store App on your device
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Sign In
- Tap Use Existing Apple ID, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Tap Sign In.
When you sign in to the iTunes Store, you also automatically sign in to the App Store which you need in order to install the RateIt app.
Step 3: Install the new version of RateIt from the App Store
- Launch the ‘App Store’ on your iPad
- Search for ‘RateIt’ from the App Store, and then tap the RateIt App. Please take note of how our logo appears at the top of the first page of this document.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button and then head to the Home screen.
Step 4: Register your new RateIt app
- Launch the RateIt app
- Enter the registration details outlined in the email
- Accept all prompts
Step 5: Enabling Guided Access
Guided Access is a Single-App mode feature locking the device to the RateIt app to prevent customers from accessing the device settings and other apps.
- Go to device Settings
- Select Display & Brightness. Set Auto-Lock to "2 Minutes"
- On the device settings, select General and then tap on Accessibility
- Choose Guided Access. From there, please enable Guided Access and then set the Guided Access Passcode to the one indicated in the email
- While on the Guided Access setting, enable "Mirror Display Auto-Lock"
- Finally, launch the RateIt app and then triple-click the Home button to activate Guided Access
If you need further assistance please contact RateIt support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org